SAA signed a MOU with International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
On January 5, 2022, SAA signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI）to jointly strengthen agricultural extension services and address food and nutrition security issues in Africa. We plan to deepen our collaboration mainly in the following areas:
- Engage in knowledge generation, knowledge packaging and knowledge sharing to support the implementation of agricultural extension and advisory services as well as capacity building of the agricultural extension agents and organizations in Africa.
- Promote transformation of African agriculture for economic growth and development through effective extension and advisory services approaches for efficient sharing of agricultural innovations for sustainable intensification, nutrition-sensitive and climate-smart agriculture and market-oriented agriculture.
- Engage in design, study and implementation of the new initiatives promoting agricultural extension and advisory services for agricultural transformation in Africa.
- Document lessons learned, best-fit agriculture practices, and scientific evidence of the success of the agriculture innovation interventions in Africa.
- Jointly initiate and publish policy briefs and technical manuals on relevant agriculture innovation
- Jointly participate in TICAD 8 to be held in Tunis in 2022