The Sasakawa Africa Association (hereinafter referred to as "Association") recognizes the importance of personal information and applies it to the "Acts on the Protection of Personal Information" to thoroughly protect it. In addition to respecting and complying with laws and regulations and their spirit, we will establish the handling policy as follows and strive to manage, properly use and protect the acquired personal information.
1. Acquisition of personal information
As a general rule, the Association will notify or announce the purpose of use in advance, obtain the consent of the person, and acquire personal information by legal and fair means.
2. Purpose of use and protection of personal information
The Association will use the personal information acquired and held by the Association only within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use and within the limits necessary for the performance of business.
In addition, if we need to use it beyond the scope of the purpose of use, we will use it after obtaining the consent of the person who provided the personal information again.
However, in the following cases, we may use the acquired personal information without obtaining the consent of the person.
- When it is necessary to disclose based on laws and regulations
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When it is necessary for a national institution or a local public body or a person entrusted with it to cooperate in carrying out the affairs stipulated by laws and regulations, and the affairs are carried out with the consent of the person. When there is a risk of interfering with.
3. Security management of personal information
The Association controls access to personal information, restricts the means of taking out personal information, measures to prevent unauthorized access from the outside, prevention of leakage, loss or damage of other personal information, and other individuals. We will take necessary and appropriate measures for the security management of information.
4. Disclosure, correction, suspension of use, deletion of personal information
The Association will promptly respond to requests for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, or deletion of personal information by the person who provided the personal information.
5. Maintaining and continuously improving efforts for legal compliance
The Association will continue to review and improve the policies and systems for protecting the personal information acquired and held by the Association in response to changes in the business content of the Association and changes in the laws, social environment, IT environment, etc. surrounding the business.
Contact for inquiries
SAA history book "Walking with the Farmer"
Electronic version of SAA history book, "Walking with the Farmer"is available here.